Here are some of the key learnings:
- Program quality increased modestly as star levels increased.
- FCCs tended to have higher quality scores.
- Children’s executive functioning skills modestly higher in star level 5 programs
- Management & Administration and Qualifications & Professional Development domains moderately (positively) related to children’s cognitive skills.
- We need to pay more attention to workforce issues.
- Program and classroom quality measurement needs improvement.
- We may be leaving out important quality variables in QRIS such as– children’s engagement, continuity, stability, etc.