We are proud of all of the early childhood and school-age care educators in Delaware, for opening their doors to young children and providing early learning and nurturing to our youngest citizens. We enjoy celebrating the achievements and success of our shining stars. Send us pictures and a brief description of your program, why you chose early childhood as a profession, what you love about early learning and caring for children, how you connect with families and your community, and we will “Spotlight” you! Please send to email@example.com.
Program Spotlight: Happy Place Early Learning Center
Surrounded by families, friends, and dignitaries, Happy Place Early Learning Center celebrated the official opening of its second center in August. The new location is in Middletown and has already been embraced by the community with the Chamber of Commerce hosting a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Since 2012, owners Sam and Anna Tawfik have been invested in delivering quality care to their community with their Newark location – a Star Level 5 program. In addition to their commitment to quality, the Tawfik’s are intentional about serving the needs of a diverse population. Sam is from Egypt and Anna from Russia, so it is not a surprise for both teachers and children to speak several different languages resulting in strong connections with families.
“We saw the need for expansion because our Newark site has a waiting list,” said Anna. “Our goal is to build community with families, and Middletown seemed like the perfect fit.”
The new location has been up and running since May and has already enrolled more than thirty families. And in keeping with their goals of continuous quality improvement, Happy Place in Middletown is a “Starting with Stars” program.
“Working with Stars has helped us with everything from room arrangement to curriculum development,” said Anna. “Our parent conferences are much more meaningful because of what we have learned from our TA.”
We are excited to be a part of the growth of this new center and wish them continued success.
If you are thinking about joining Delaware Stars or would like to talk to someone about joining, please contact us at 302-831-3239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click below for additional Stars Program Spotlights:
- Ministry of Caring, NCC, Wilmington
- Beginnings and Beyond, KC, Dover
- Hope Lutheran Early Education Center, NCC
- One Step Ahead Child Care Center, NCC, Newark
- North Smyrna Preschool Program, Kent, Smyrna
- Back 2 Basics Daycare and Preschool, NCC, Newark
- Guardian Angel Child Care, NCC, Wilmington
- Mi Casita Daycare, NCC, Claymont
- Primeros Pasos Early Learning Center, Sussex, Georgetown
- Mobina Mallick, Family Child Care, NCC, Bear
- Raising Hope Child Care Center, NCC, Newark
- Tadpole Academy Daycare, NCC, Wilmington
- Lynne Portlock, Family Child Care, NCC, Newark
- Delaware Providers Share Ideas on Social Media!
- Children’s Laughter Early Learning Academy, NCC, Wilmington
- The Salvation Army, NCC, Wilmington
- Caring Hands, Large Family Child Care, NCC, Wilmington
- Kool Kids Learning Center, NCC, Wilmington
- Helping Hands Family Childcare, NCC, New Castle
- Happy Place Day Care – Newcastle, Newark
- Phyllis Felton-Green – NCC, Bear
- Our Future Childcare Center – NCC, Wilmington
- Denmark School – NCC, Wilmington
- Nurses’nKids – Sussex, Milford
- 100th Star Level 5 Awarded to Christina Early Education Center. Governor Markell Speaks…
- Curriculum and Assessment Pilot Programs – A Big Thank You From Delaware Stars!
- Bonnie Haigh – Western YMCA Meadowood School – NCC, Newark
- Bonnie Aube – Little Troopers Family Child Care – NCC, Middletown
- Marlette Lofland – Marlette’s Colorful World Daycare – Sussex, Bridgeville
- Shannon Murray – Sunshine Square Family Child Care Program – Kent, Smyrna
- Brandywine Valley Christian Preschool – NCC, Wilmington
- Great New Beginnings Early Childhood Center – NCC, Bear
- Kim Pridemore, Director of the Child Development Center, Del Tech’s Dover Campus – Kent, Dover
- Lillie Dixon – Dixon’s Day Care Home – Kent, Dover