We are proud of all of the early childhood and school-age care educators in Delaware, for opening their doors to young children and providing early learning and nurturing to our youngest citizens. We enjoy celebrating the achievements and success of our shining stars. Send us pictures and a brief description of your program, why you chose early childhood as a profession, what you love about early learning and caring for children, how you connect with families and your community, and we will “Spotlight” you! Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Spotlight: Hope Lutheran Early Education Center
Back in 1967, Hope Lutheran Church in New Castle Delaware offered a kindergarten program to the community before kindergarten was a part of primary school education. Fast forward 51 years, and Hope Lutheran has evolved into an early education center with six classrooms for children ages 2 through 8, offering before- and after-school care.
A Star Level 5 program, Hope Lutheran attributes their success, in part, to their focus on community. “We create opportunities for parents and caregivers to stop in our offices to talk with us,” said Laura Cahill, center director. “We try to make our center as similar to home as possible while giving children many opportunities to learn.”
Laura also points out that she and her team are very intentional about keeping their work “simple, sweet, slow and steady.” This approach is rooted in the center’s core values of education, nutrition, and spirituality.
“We just don’t focus on academics,” added Janine Borrelli, office manager. “We’re about nourishing the mind, body, and soul.”
Both Laura and Janine our quick to point out Delaware Stars and TA Dan Reagan’s role in the center’s success.
“We wanted to work with Stars from the very beginning,” said Laura. “It wan’t about the money but we wanted the coaching.”
“And Dan has done exactly that,” she added. “He’s encouraged us to be who we are while improving. Now we think about the ‘why’ of the many aspects of our work.”
“We know what Stars expects us to do is the right thing to do for our children,” said Laura.
If you are thinking about joining Delaware Stars or would like to talk to someone about joining, please contact us at 302-831-3239 or email email@example.com
Click below for additional Stars Program Spotlights:
- One Step Ahead Child Care Center, NCC, Newark
- North Smyrna Preschool Program, Kent, Smyrna
- Back 2 Basics Daycare and Preschool, NCC, Newark
- Guardian Angel Child Care, NCC, Wilmington
- Mi Casita Daycare, NCC, Claymont
- Primeros Pasos Early Learning Center, Sussex, Georgetown
- Mobina Mallick, Family Child Care, NCC, Bear
- Raising Hope Child Care Center, NCC, Newark
- Tadpole Academy Daycare, NCC, Wilmington
- Lynne Portlock, Family Child Care, NCC, Newark
- Delaware Providers Share Ideas on Social Media!
- Children’s Laughter Early Learning Academy, NCC, Wilmington
- The Salvation Army, NCC, Wilmington
- Caring Hands, Large Family Child Care, NCC, Wilmington
- Kool Kids Learning Center, NCC, Wilmington
- Helping Hands Family Childcare, NCC, New Castle
- Happy Place Day Care – Newcastle, Newark
- Phyllis Felton-Green – NCC, Bear
- Our Future Childcare Center – NCC, Wilmington
- Denmark School – NCC, Wilmington
- Nurses’nKids – Sussex, Milford
- 100th Star Level 5 Awarded to Christina Early Education Center. Governor Markell Speaks…
- Curriculum and Assessment Pilot Programs – A Big Thank You From Delaware Stars!
- Bonnie Haigh – Western YMCA Meadowood School – NCC, Newark
- Bonnie Aube – Little Troopers Family Child Care – NCC, Middletown
- Marlette Lofland – Marlette’s Colorful World Daycare – Sussex, Bridgeville
- Shannon Murray – Sunshine Square Family Child Care Program – Kent, Smyrna
- Brandywine Valley Christian Preschool – NCC, Wilmington
- Great New Beginnings Early Childhood Center – NCC, Bear
- Kim Pridemore, Director of the Child Development Center, Del Tech’s Dover Campus – Kent, Dover
- Lillie Dixon – Dixon’s Day Care Home – Kent, Dover