We are proud of all of the early childhood and school-age care educators in Delaware, for opening their doors to young children and providing early learning and nurturing to our youngest citizens. We enjoy celebrating the achievements and success of our shining stars. Send us pictures and a brief description of your program, why you chose early childhood as a profession, what you love about early learning and caring for children, how you connect with families and your community, and we will “Spotlight” you! Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Spotlight: Mi Casita Daycare
Carmen Benitez, owner of Mi Casita Daycare, is now a Star level 5 family child care provider. In four short years, Carmen has achieved this level through hard work, determination and actively being involved in Stars. She began her quality improvement journey in 2013 and became a member of the first Spanish-speaking cohort. While a member of the cohort, she took classes toward her Family Child Care credential, completed her portfolio and was awarded the credential. Carmen quickly moved to Star level 4.
With her eye on Star level 5, Carmen wanted to enroll more infants and toddlers and increase her materials for dual language learners. To pursue this goal she applied for, and was granted, the capacity grant. Through the grant Carmen was able to obtain developmentally appropriate materials for use both inside and outside, to safely engage infants and toddlers. She also purchased dual language materials to add to her classroom.
Carmen fully accesses the resources of Stars to help her meet her goals. In addition to meeting regularly with her generalist TA, she has worked with the infant toddler TA and a curriculum and assessment TA.
“Delaware Stars has worked with me hand-in-hand from the start. I have learned to better manage my program. I have the criteria to evaluate each child, individualize lessons accordingly and report to their parents how they are developing,” adds Carmen.
Click aqui para leer lo en Espanol.
If you are thinking about joining Delaware Stars or would like to talk to someone about joining, please contact us at 302-831-3239 or email email@example.com
Click below for additional Stars Program Spotlights:
- Primeros Pasos Early Learning Center, Sussex, Georgetown
- Mobina Mallick, Family Child Care, NCC, Bear
- Raising Hope Child Care Center, NCC, Newark
- Tadpole Academy Daycare, NCC, Wilmington
- Lynne Portlock, Family Child Care, NCC, Newark
- Delaware Providers Share Ideas on Social Media!
- Children’s Laughter Early Learning Academy, NCC, Wilmington
- The Salvation Army, NCC, Wilmington
- Caring Hands, Large Family Child Care, NCC, Wilmington
- Kool Kids Learning Center, NCC, Wilmington
- Helping Hands Family Childcare, NCC, New Castle
- Happy Place Day Care – Newcastle, Newark
- Phyllis Felton-Green – NCC, Bear
- Our Future Childcare Center – NCC, Wilmington
- Denmark School – NCC, Wilmington
- Nurses’nKids – Sussex, Milford
- 100th Star Level 5 Awarded to Christina Early Education Center. Governor Markell Speaks…
- Curriculum and Assessment Pilot Programs – A Big Thank You From Delaware Stars!
- Bonnie Haigh – Western YMCA Meadowood School – NCC, Newark
- Bonnie Aube – Little Troopers Family Child Care – NCC, Middletown
- Marlette Lofland – Marlette’s Colorful World Daycare – Sussex, Bridgeville
- Shannon Murray – Sunshine Square Family Child Care Program – Kent, Smyrna
- Brandywine Valley Christian Preschool – NCC, Wilmington
- Great New Beginnings Early Childhood Center – NCC, Bear
- Kim Pridemore, Director of the Child Development Center, Del Tech’s Dover Campus – Kent, Dover
- Lillie Dixon – Dixon’s Day Care Home – Kent, Dover