Programs that have applied and are accepted to Delaware Stars begin their quality improvement journey by “Starting with Stars.” Programs at this first level of participation in Delaware Stars are in good standing with the Office of Child Care Licensing and are working on required steps for orientation. Participants complete:
- Click here for Online Orientation Videos, a requirement to achieve Star Level 2, the videos speak to the importance of early childhood and the research that explains how high quality early learning environments provide a lifelong foundation that set children up to be successful in school and in life. (3 videos, 30 minutes)
- Building On Quality – a 9 hour professional development course (no charge) which details Delaware’s Early Childhood System evolution, research and evidence based practices in early childhood that guide the work of Delaware Stars and an in-depth review of the components of Delaware Stars and how they work together to support all early childhood programs. For information, contact your Technical Assistant or Tara Horwitz at (302) 831-6764.
- Technical Assistant (TA) visit (A TA is your Star’s representative, they will support you through all phases of your journey) Technical Assistants
- Develop a Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) with assigned TA
- Programs are also asked to complete the Database Information Request Form
- Your Delaware Stars database provides a fast easy way to apply for grants, review staff qualifications, submit your quality improvement plan, request an Environment Rating Scale assessment and verification visits and more! Click Here to learn all about it.