Guide to Preparing Your Environment Rating Scales *Effective July 1, 2015
Expectations for an ERS Assessment (October 2016)
Delaware Stars ECERS-R Clarifications (July 2015)
Delaware Stars FCCERS-R Clarifications(July 2015)
Delaware Stars ITERS-R Clarifications (July 2015)
SACERS-Updated Clarifications (June 2016)
ERS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (Revised June 2016)
In addition to using the Clarifications, the following resources should be used to prepare and train staff on required procedures and practices in the classroom.
- Prepare the Documentation: In order to receive credit in relevant areas, the following documentation must be submitted prior to requesting an ERS assessment, if applicable:
- Schedule for each classroom.
- ERS Assessment Age Worksheet for each classroom (must be e-mailed).
If poured or installed surfacing is used under gross motor equipment, ASTM1292 certification is required. Documentation must come from the manufacturer showing it was certified and also show it was installed at this facility.
Note: The assessment will not be scheduled until appropriate documentation has been received.
- Documentation to be provided onsite (do not fax):
- If any young children need different sleeping/eating arrangements due to reflux or other health issues, documentation must be shown to the assessor upon arrival.