University of Delaware College of Education and Human Development
Department of Human Development & Family Studies
Delaware Department of Education
Delaware Office of Early Learning
Delaware Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood
About Us Quote

“We are experiencing a strong sense of accomplishment, working together, we are motivated and proud of our profession. Most importantly, each day we see that our children are directly benefiting from our work and the changes we are making.”
St. Michael’s School, Star 3 currently a Star 5

News & Events Quote

“I couldn't have done it without your patience, push, drive and faith in me to accomplish this goal.  I was just coasting in neutral before, but now that I know that it is possible to reach another level, I am going to put my car in drive, and keep pushing until I reach SL5.”
Thelma Jamison
Large Family Child Care, Star 3, currently a Star 5

Prospective Providers Quote

“Believe it or not you are the best. You got me working, I love it, you are pushing me into my future”.
Rakettia McLeish, Family Child Care, Star 2 currently a Star Level 4

Current Providers Quote

“The Stars program has been well worth the work we had to put into it and the time getting to Star Level 3 made us stronger as a staff and Child Care family!”
The Salvation Army Early Learning Center, Star 3, currently a Star 4

Parents and Families Quote

“Participating in Delaware Stars has been very positive for our program.  It has given us the opportunity to develop a more professional team of teachers and also provide a better curriculum of teaching.”
PACTT, Star 4 currently a Star Level 5

Research Quote

“Delaware Stars has helped all stakeholders of our very large and diverse school to focus on and clarify our beliefs, values and teaching practices.  Around these we have set goals, planned strategically and established a course of action for continuous improvement.”
St. Michael’s School, Star 3, currently Star 5

Grants Quote

“Participating in Delaware Stars has helped the teacher's take pride in the work they do and the care they provide.  It encourages them to strive to be their best everyday.”
Tender Loving Kare Childcare & Learning Center III, Star 5

Verification Quote

“Participating in Delaware Stars has improved the experiences for children in our care.  They are able to express themselves individually by using the supplies and tools, are more involved in their activities/centers, and the children enjoy the centers.  We love seeing them having fun”
Boys & Girls Club @ North Star Elementary School, Star 4

We Celebrate and Honor our Veterans and Military Families!

In the month of November, we celebrate and honor our veterans and military families. President Trump declared this proclamation: “This month, in which Americans traditionally pause to give thanks for our blessings, it is fitting that we come together to honor with gratitude our extraordinary veterans and military families and their service to our country. May God continue to bless our Armed Forces and those families that love and support them.”

Visit this link to a website on military family appreciation and this website which has resources and supports for military families!

Thank you for visiting the Delaware Stars for Early Success website. Delaware Stars is a program funded and administered by Delaware Department of Education, managed by the Delaware Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood (DIEEC) in the Department of Human Development and Family Studies.