Department of Human Development & Family Studies
Delaware Department of Education
Delaware Office of Early Learning
News & Events Quote

“I couldn't have done it without your patience, push, drive and faith in me to accomplish this goal.  I was just coasting in neutral before, but now that I know that it is possible to reach another level, I am going to put my car in drive, and keep pushing until I reach SL5.”
Thelma Jamison
Large Family Child Care, Star 3

Next application deadline for Delaware Stars is May 15, 2014.

NEW    You no longer have to be open for a year to apply! Programs may now be accepted if they have been open 6 months and have been awarded an Annual license by OCCL. Programs are now screened and accepted on a rolling admissions basis prior to each application deadline.

Delaware Stars application deadlines for 2014 will be on the 15th of each month.  Click here to apply now! Programs are eligible to apply to Delaware Stars if they have been open and serving families with a current, valid license from the Office of Child Care Licensing (OCCL) for a minimum of 6 months prior to application and, at the time of enrollment, are not under any enforcement action, including suspension, probation, or warning of probation. In addition, there must be no outstanding concerns with Purchase of Care (POC) or the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). Programs are now screened and accepted on a rolling admissions basis prior to each application deadline.

Thank you for visiting the Delaware Stars for Early Success website. Delaware Stars is a program funded and administered by Delaware Department of Education, managed by the Delaware Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood (DIEEC) in the Department of Human Development and Family Studies.